Piggie Fun Fact #2: How many hours of sleep does a guinea pig get?

     A guinea pig gets an average of 4 hours of sleep per day (24 hours), which is 1/6 of the day spent sleeping. It may not seem like your guinea pig sleeps 4 hours, because it is not a constant 4 hour sleep. Your guinea pig sleeps in intervals of 15 minutes-30 minutes, which in the end adds up to about 4 hours each day.

    The average adult human sleeps for 8 hours, while kids sleep from 10-12 hours every night. Out of 24 hours, 1/3 of the day is spent sleeping foe adult humans and for kids, 1/2 or more. Humans sleep at a constant rate, and mostly only at nights (unless you count naps). 


Source: I remember getting this from some site during my guinea pig research but I forgot where. You can find how long a human sleeps anywhere on the internet. Note these are average times. 

    I hope you enjoyed this post and make sure to subscribe! See you next time on Trisha's Guinea Pig Adventures! 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry everyone, that was me. I accidentally commented using my school account (which I'm not supposed to do) so I deleted that comment.

      Delete

Post a Comment

What Readers Are Loving